Stage 1: Application
Once you’ve decided which Apprenticeship is for you, you’ll need to find an appropriate vacancy and apply online in Search and Apply. Please note that you can only apply for one programme each cycle, so please ensure you’re completely happy you’ve chosen the right one.
Stage 2: Online Assessments
If you are applying to a role in the UK and have submitted your online application, you will immediately receive two emails – one to acknowledge that you have submitted your application, and the second email inviting you to take some online assessments. You will need to complete all of the assessments provided for your application to be considered.
Please note: not all emails are compatible with our systems so please check your spam/junk folders to ensure that you have received both emails.
You can also access these emails via “my job page” on your Rolls-Royce careers profile, or if you are still having difficulties please contact EarlyCareer.Applications@Rolls-Royce.com as soon as possible.
Please read IMPORTANT INFORMATION - HELP AND TIPS FOR ONLINE ASSESSMENTS as this contains lots of information to help you perform at your best for the online assessments and solutions to some of the most common queries we receive regarding the assessments.
You have ten days to complete the assessments - but before you do, try out some sample questions by visiting http://Rolls-Royce.cut-e.com .
Stage 3: Come to our Assessment Centre
If your application is successful, you'll be invited to our assessment centre. The day consists of ability tests, interviews and a group exercise:
- Manual Dexterity Test - a test designed to measure your hand-eye coordination and gross motor skills.
- Ability Test - as the tests you completed on-line were unsupervised you will be asked to re-sit one of them when you come in to see us. You may wish to re-visit the on-line practice questions at http://Rolls-Royce.cut-e.com
- Group Exercise - we will ask you to participate in a group activity that will allow us to observe how you work with others in a team environment.
- Motivational Interview - we would like to know a bit more about your practical achievements. Think about a time you've made, designed or planned something and be prepared to talk us through what you did and what new skills you learnt.
- Technical Interview - we would like to gain an understanding of how well you are able to learn and understand information that relates to our business. We are also interested in your understanding of Rolls-Royce and the different sectors in which we operate.
- Competency Interview - you will be asked to give examples of times you've demonstrated some of the competencies that are important to us.
Stage 4: Success - you've got the job!
If you're successful at the assessment centre, you will be contacted within 1 week and told the good news.
Stage 5: Starting at Rolls-Royce
Once you accept, we do all we can to make joining us as straight forward as possible. You'll be put in touch with the right people immediately to make sure that you have access to a network of support right from the beginning.
Wherever you are in the world, you'll also be invited to a regional induction. It's a great opportunity to meet your new colleagues, learn about the programme and get your career off to a flying start.