The 65,000 square metre Rolls-Royce Seletar Campus is located on a 154,000 square metre site at Seletar Aerospace Park in Singapore and is the Group’s most modern manufacturing, training and research facility to date. The Campus was officially opened on 13 February 2012 by the Prime Minister of Singapore, Mr Lee Hsien Loong, and represents an investment of over $700 million. The Campus significantly increases Rolls-Royce manufacturing capacity, and provides greater proximity to the Group’s growing customer base in the Asia Pacific region.
When fully operational the Campus will create approximately 500 new jobs, bringing the total number of people employed by Rolls-Royce and its joint ventures in Singapore to over 2,500.
The new facilities include:
- The Seletar Assembly and Test Unit – Trent aero engine assembly and test facility;
- A Wide Chord Fan Blade manufacturing facility;
- An Advanced Technology Centre;
- A Regional Training Centre;
- Shared services such as Finance, HR, HS&E, Group Property and Purchasing;
- The regional headquarters for the Group's Energy business.