- prev: 17 Trade and other payables
- next: 19 Other payables - amounts falling due after one year
- back: Notes to financial statements menu
|6⅜ Notes 20071||354||310|
|7⅜% Notes 20162||200||200|
|5.84% Notes 20103||107||97|
|6.38% Notes 20133||134||120|
|6.55% Notes 20153||49||43|
|4½% Notes 20111||524||500|
|Other loan 2009 (interest rate nil)||1||1|
|Obligations under finance leases payable:5 (note 29)|
|Between one and two years||5||6|
|Between two and five years||8||14|
|After five years||1||—|
|Between one and two years - by instalments||49||12|
|Between one and two years - otherwise||—||65|
|Between two and five years - by instalments||11||57|
|Between two and five years - otherwise||354||310|
|After five years - by instalments||29||26|
|After five years - otherwise||1,015||960|
- The Group has borrowed through a subsidiary €1,250m in order to provide a loan for general purposes. These notes are the subject of currency swap agreements under which counterparties have undertaken to pay amounts at fixed rates of interest and exchange in consideration for amounts payable by the subsidiary at variable rates of interest and at fixed exchange rates.
- The Group has borrowed through a subsidiary £200m in order to provide a loan for general purposes.
- The Group has borrowed through a subsidiary US$500m in the US Private Placement market. This borrowing is the subject of interest rate swap agreements under which the Group has undertaken to pay floating rates of interest, and currency swaps which form a fair value hedge. Until October 5, 2005 the borrowing was included in a net investment hedging relationship. From October 6, 2005 the borrowing has been included in a fair value hedging relationship in respect of the foreign exchange risk.
- Secured on aircraft.
- Obligations under finance leases are secured by related leased assets.