Rolls-Royce provides a comprehensive range of manually operated to fully automated inspection and non-destructive examination services for all phases of a nuclear reactor lifecycle.
With over 40 years of experience providing worldwide in-service support to civil nuclear plants, Rolls-Royce offers a comprehensive range of integrated surface inspection, non-destructive examination (NDE) and condition monitoring services.
- Technique development
- Inspection manipulator design and development
- Safety justification
- Production of inspection procedures
- O site implement
- Apprehensive analysis of result
Our inspection and NDE services can be implemented manually, remotely operated or fully automated and all solutions are tailored to meet specific customer requirements.
Rolls-Royce is a world leader in the development of innovative NDE and inspection techniques, and always strives to continuously develop both our manufacturing and in-service inspection techniques. We remain at the forefront of the discipline by collaborating and investing with a number of industrial and academic partners:
Rolls-Royce is a long serving member and active participant in the steering group for the European network for Inspection Qualification (ENIQ)
We are a full industrial member of the UK Research Centre in Non-Destructive Evaluation (RCNDE), an EPSRC sponsored collaboration between industry and academia to coordinate research into NDE technologies.
Rolls-Royce is also working with Imperial College, the University of Strathclyde and the University of Bristol on the NDE aspects of the Nuclear Propulsion Critical Technologies (NPCT) project, to support next generation ultrasonic inspections.
- Visual inspection (including metallurgical methods)
- Magnetic particle testing
- Dye penetrant inspection
- Phased array ultrasonic inspection
- Ultrasonic inspection
- Eddy current inspection
- Digital radiography inspection
- Surface defect inspection and metallurgical replication
- Underwater replication
- Electromagnetic interference monitoring
- Irradiation damage analysis (#D atom probe)
- Noise and vibration examination (including acoustic emission and resonance testing)
- Alternating current field measurement
- Alternating current potential drop
- Composite inspection
Learn more about Rolls-Royce custom engineered inspection solutions.