Proactive Obsolescence Management System
The Proactive Obsolescence Management System (POMS) is a software and services based tool designed to provide quick and easy retrieval of equipment and vendor obsolescence information. Additionally, POMS also matches each station’s obsolete manufacturer/model numbers to identify if possible replacement solutions are available from a number of sources such as the OEM recommended replacements and CMIS Lite Equivalency Evaluation Application. Overall, POMS is designed to be a one-stop-shop for station obsolescence identification and management.
- Early notice of Obsolescence issues
- Improved decision-making capability
- A more complete analysis of equipment Bill of Material (BOM)
- Detailed tree of equipment manufacturers
- Opportunity for industry collaboration