Remote reactor head & bare metal inspection
Based on the revolutionary SWATS (Shell to Wrapper Annulus Transport System) technology, Rolls-Royce developed BTRIS (Brooks Top of Reactor Head Inspection System).
Utilising a magnetic delivery platform BTRIS is specially engineered for the tight spaces often caused by falling or “caving” insulation in the reactor head area.
BTRIS allows 100 per cent inspection of the Reactor Head area. Its remote inspection capabilities allow up to 80 per cent of the inspection to be performed from a low or no dose area. This minimises personnel radiation exposure.
Benefits of Rolls-Royce reactor head inspections
- Reduce overall dose with optimised remote inspections fully satisfies NRC and ASME inspection requirements
- Expertly planned and double verified inspection process gives you the highest quality reactor head inspection with reduced FME concerns
- Triple camera coverage produces more high quality imagery for system trending and advanced maintenance planning
- Repeatable results with exact location feedback.
Remote reactor head & bare metal inspection data management solutions
The Component Information System (CIS) provides Rolls-Royce customers with the exclusive ability to view inspection data in real time, cutting characterisation and decision making time to a minimum. Access image and tracking data stored on a password protected, secure server twenty four hours a day, seven days a week from anywhere in the world.
Rolls-Royce CIS is a database-driven, secure web application that gives you instant access to thousands of inspection pictures, and hundreds of site documents and component drawings. It’s optimised for steam generators, reactor vessels, and other plant components.
Benefits of the Rolls-Royce CIS:
- Access real time inspection data worldwide via a password protected secure server reducing characterisation and decision making time to a minimum
- Applicable to any inspection performed by Rolls-Royce
- Access multiple inspections categorized by outage, component and the type of inspection performed for optimised trending of system conditions and advanced maintenance planning
Learn more about the full suite of Rolls-Royce software solutions.