Underlying OE revenue
Underlying services revenue
Underlying profit before financing
Return on sales**
* 2011 restated due to the transfer of Bergen to Engine Holding on 2 January as per Note 2 on p.20
** By reference to underlying profit before financing costs and tax
- Profit increased by two per cent due to better revenue mix and cost reduction, partially offset by pricing pressures and adverse foreign exchange movement.
- The reactor core contract with the UK MoD includes the regeneration of the manufacturing facility in Derby. The phased re-build will provide a leading-edge manufacturing facility with the highest standards of safety to support future programme needs.
- Our innovative commercial ship design capability was extended with a new team formed to design ships for navies, coastguards and other maritime agencies. Ship design enhances our ability to offer integrated systems solutions.
- Our market leading LNG-fuelled C engine was approved for sale in the US by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The C engine positions us well for opportunities that will arise from stricter environmental standards from 2016.