Rolls-Royce invests $1 Million to expand On-Wing Care services in North America
Thursday, 4 June 2009
Rolls-Royce formally opened its new North American headquarters for On-Wing Care™ today. It is the latest facility to open in a global Rolls-Royce network of aero repair and overhaul service centers. Located at the Indianapolis International Airport, the state-of-the-art facility represents US$1 million of company investment and is the sixth Rolls-Royce facility to be opened in Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A.
The 14,000 sq. ft. hangar and 11,000 sq. ft. shop provides line maintenance and hospital level support for all Rolls-Royce corporate & regional aircraft engines including: AE 3007; AE 2100; Tay; BR700 series; commercial RB211 and Trent series engines, including the Trent 1000 which will enter service on the Boeing 787. The facility recently received the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) Diamond Award in recognition of the level of high-quality service the center provides.
The new state-of-the-art center is capable of servicing more than 100 engines a year. In region aircraft operators, benefit from rapid response, minimized impact to fleet schedules, reduced costs and critical 24/7 specialist line support.
The facility also provides full-service customer support, including: aircraft operations support and general aircraft servicing and handling, with access to a customer lounge and business center amenities.
Speaking at the Opening Ceremony, Marc Drew, Head of On-Wing Care, Gas Turbine Services, Rolls-Royce plc, said, “The Rolls-Royce On-Wing care network ensures the highest-level of service in locations that are convenient to our customers. On-Wing Care rapid response services maximize aircraft engine operational availability thereby minimizing potential impact to customer fleet schedules.”
“Indianapolis was an ideal location for our North American hub, offering affordability and customer accessibility from anywhere in the region and a close proximity to other Rolls-Royce facilities,” Drew added.
The Indianapolis facility is the third Rolls-Royce global On-Wing Care center to open in the past 18 months. In 2008, the company opened service centers in São Paulo, Brazil and at Singapore’s Changi Airport. Later this year, Rolls-Royce will offer On-Wing Care services in Abu Dhabi through its new joint venture with Mubadala Development Company - Sanad.
- Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, has established a strong position in global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy.
- The Group has a broad customer base comprising more than 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers, including 70 navies, and energy customers in nearly 120 countries.
- In 2008, annual sales were £9.1 billion (~US$13.7 billion), of which 52 per cent came from services revenues. The firm and announced order book at the end of 2008 stood at £55.5 billion (~US$83.3 billion), of which aftermarket services represent 26.1 per cent, providing visibility of future levels of activity.
- A significant and growing industry player in North America for more than 100 years, Rolls-Royce employs nearly 8,000 people at more than 66 US locations in 26 states and seven sites in six Canadian provinces. In 2008, sales in North America exceeded US$4.4 billion.
- The Rolls-Royce Gas Turbine Services business has 16 sites on four continents and the capability to overhaul 40 engine types. It employs some 7,000 people and more than 500 customers rely on Rolls-Royce maintenance facilities.
- Worldwide, On-Wing Care service centers are based in strategic locations- Brazil, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London and Singapore- all of which support the company’s civil fleet of around 4,500 installed engines.
- Rolls-Royce On-Wing Care service center is located at 2135 Hoffman Road, Indianapolis, IN. To learn more about On-Wing Care services contact: Rick Pataky, Director of Maintenance at: Tel: (317) 240-1220 or email@example.com