Berwind Selects Rolls-Royce CorporateCare® For BR725-Powered G650
Tuesday, 7 October 2008
Orlando, FL – Berwind, a private investment management company, has signed the first long-term CorporateCare® agreement to support its Rolls-Royce BR725-powered Gulfstream G650 –scheduled for entry-into-service in the second half of 2012.
Speaking during a handshake ceremony at the National Business Aviation Association convention, Mr. Kevin Boardman, Director of Aviation of Berwind, said: “The residual benefits of CorporateCare alone make it a wise investment strategy. Today’s busy flight operations require the most advanced equipment and comprehensive services available – the BR725 with CorporateCare meet this requirement and will only further enhance our operations.”
Scott Shannon, Executive Vice President – Customer Business, Corporate & Regional Engines, Rolls-Royce, said: “We are delighted to sign our first CorporateCare contract on the BR725 engine with Berwind – four years in advance of aircraft ownership. Today’s signing signifies further confidence in our strength as a market leader in business aviation.”
The 16,100lb thrust BR725 is the most advanced member of the BR700 engine series and the sixth new powerplant added to the company’s civil aerospace portfolio within the past six years. Initial flight test engines will be delivered to Gulfstream towards the end of 2008.
More than 800 corporate aircraft are now under Rolls-Royce engine management programs, covering the BR725, BR710, AE 3007, Tay and Viper-powered aircraft. In addition, more than 50 percent of all current production business aircraft engines are covered by CorporateCare, including more than 80 percent of the AE 3007 corporate jet fleet.
CorporateCare is the most comprehensive engine care program in corporate aviation. It is a fixed-cost engine maintenance management plan based on hours flown and comprises a range of high-value services, including engine management; asset and logistics services, as well as engine repair and overhaul visits.
- Berwind is a family-owned investment management company. With its roots dating to 1886, Berwind has evolved from its beginning as a coal mining company, to a diversified portfolio of highly successful manufacturing and service companies, which are leaders in their market niche. Berwind is constantly searching for both platform and bolt-on acquisitions and plans to invest over $1 billion in acquisitions over the next three years. To learn more visit: www.berwind.com
- Rolls-Royce is the world’s leading engine supplier for business jets with a 34 percent share of the market.
- Rolls-Royce powers nine in-production corporate aircraft - the Bombardier Global Express and G5000, the Cessna Citation X, Embraer Legacy and Gulfstream G350, G450, G500, G550, G650. In addition, Dassault have selected the Rolls-Royce RB282 engine to power their new super mid-size jet, the SMS.
- CorporateCare® is the most comprehensive engine maintenance management program for Rolls-Royce engines and is available for the BR725, BR710, AE 3007, and Viper-powered aircraft. The benefits of this program include predictability of costs, increased aircraft resale value and liquidity, prolonged product life and optimized engine performance.
- All BR700 series engines are manufactured by Rolls-Royce at its Dahlewitz facility in Germany. Nearly 600 BR710-powered corporate jets are currently in service.