Aircastle selects Rolls-Royce Trent to power six A330 freighters
Wednesday, 28 November 2007
The Rolls-Royce Trent 700 has been selected by aircraft lessor Aircastle to power a fleet of six Airbus A330 freighters. Deliveries are scheduled to take place in 2010 and 2011.
Ron Wainshal, Chief Executive Officer of Aircastle, commented: "The Trent 700 is a proven powerplant for the passenger version of the A330 with a strong customer base in key markets such as China and the Middle East, and we are excited about offering this engine for our new A330 Freighter lease customers.”
Chris Cyr, Executive Vice President - Americas at Rolls-Royce, added: “The freighter market places a particular focus on payload and the associated revenue potential. As the most powerful engine for the A330, the Trent 700 offers the greatest payload capability, regardless of operating conditions.”
The Trent 700 is the only engine on the A330 that has been specifically designed for the aircraft, resulting in better performance, reliability and maintenance costs. It is the market leader on the A330 with a 50 per cent share of orders.
- In the last three years, the Trent 700 has been successful in more than 80 per cent of A330 engine competitions featuring aircraft leasing companies.
- The Trent 700 is the most environmentally friendly engine on the A330. It is the quietest and cleanest option, with the greatest margin to CAEP 4 legislation.
- The Trent 700 was the first engine in the Trent family to enter service, in March 1995, and is the most powerful engine for the A330, with a maximum in-service thrust of 72,000lb.
- A programme of continuous improvement, involving the introduction of the latest Trent family technology to the Trent 700, will ensure increased benefits to customers, such as the lowest fuel burn of any engine on the A330 freighter.
- Rolls-Royce is working hard to improve the environmental impact of its products. Each year Rolls-Royce, in collaboration with its partners, invests around £700 million on research and development, two thirds of which has the primary aim of lowering noise and emissions.
- Aircastle Limited is a global aviation company that acquires and leases high-utility commercial jet aircraft to airlines throughout the world.