Payments to shareholders

1. How does Rolls-Royce make payments to its shareholders?

Please see our payments to shareholders page.

2. Can I have payments paid direct into my bank or building society account?

Yes. Firstly you need to complete a Payment instruction form to confirm that you wish to redeem C Shares for cash. In section A of that form you can enter your bank account details. You can obtain this form from the Registrar and it can also be downloaded direct from the downloadable forms section of Investor Centre.

3.  I arranged to have my payments paid into my bank/building society account but I have now changed the account - what should I do?

Shareholders who have registered with Investor Centre can amend their bank details online. Alternatively, you should contact the Registrar.

4. What do the terms 'ex-entitlement' and 'record date' mean?

When the Company calculates its shareholders’ entitlement to C Shares it captures the shareholder register on a pre-determined date, known as the Record Date. We use the number of shares that you hold on this day to calculate your entitlement to C Shares.

Before announcing each issue of C Shares, and in consultation with the London Stock Exchange,the Company sets a date on which our shares will be sold without an entitlement to C Shares. This is known as the Ex-entitlement date and means that the buyer is not entitled to receive the next issue of C Shares. Shares sold prior to this date are said to be Cum-entitlement which means that the buyer is entitled to receive the next issue of C Shares, even though their name may not appear on the shareholder register on the Record Date.

If you buy or sell Ordinary Shares and are unsure as to whether you are entitled to receive C Shares please refer to our Events Calendar or, alternatively, contact the broker who acted on your behalf and who will be able to tell you if your shares were cum-entitlement or ex-entitlement.

5. I have lost the cheque relating to my last payment - can I get a replacement?

Replacement cheques can be obtained by contacting the Registrar.

6.  I cannot cash an old cheque because it is out-of-date - what should I do?

Replacement cheques can be obtained by contacting the Registrar.

7. Why haven’t I received a tax voucher?

C Shares are not subject to income tax and therefore no tax vouchers are necessary. You will be sent a redemption statement which will explain how your C Shares have been redeemed for cash. If you decide to keep your C Shares then you will receive a small dividend on those shares. For dividends paid on C Shares prior to the 5 April 2016 you will have received a tax voucher which displayed the amount of Tax Credit paid on the small dividend.

From 6 April 2016 the Tax Credit available on dividend income was abolished and replaced with a new Dividend Allowance of £5,000. This is an annual allowance which means that the first £5,000 of dividend income you receive will be tax-free. For further information on this change please check the HMRC website.

If you are in any doubt as to your tax position, please check with a professional tax advisor.

8. Where can I find information that I need to complete my tax return?

You’ll find information about the tax effects of C Shares on pages 7 to 10 of the Shareholder Guide. Information on previous C Share issues can be found on the Historical C Share Information document.