Change of circumstances

1. What should I do if I move house?

If you have registered with Computershare’s Investor Centre you can amend your address and bank details online. Alternatively, you can write to the Registrar. In this case please quote both your old and new address and your shareholder reference number.

2. What should I do if I change my name?

You will need to write to the Registrar enclosing a copy of your marriage certificate or other relevant legal document. Unfortunately this change cannot be registered online.

3. What are the procedures if a shareholder has passed away?

If the shares were held solely in the name of the deceased, you should send the Registrar an official copy of the document by which the deceased’s legal personal representative was appointed, usually the grant of probate or letters of administration, impressed with the court seal. The name of the legal personal representative will then be entered on the register. The shares can then be sold by the personal representative, or transferred to the deceased’s beneficiary.

If the value of the deceased’s estate is below certain limits, the death can be registered using the small estates procedure, which is less complex. Details of the current limits and the procedure involved can be obtained from the Registrar.

If the shares were held jointly by the deceased and another person, a copy of the death certificate is required. The shares will then be registered in the name(s) of the surviving holder(s), and the relevant share certificates will be amended to reflect this.