The Diesel Sequencing System provides the logic to start the diesel generator set and load the safeguard actions according to pre-established time sequences in the event of loss and subsequent restoration of Offsite Power. It operates together with the Reactor Protection System.
The Rolls-Royce Diesel Sequencing System is 1E qualified and meets international nuclear standards.
When it receives the information about voltage loss, the Rolls-Royce Diesel Sequencing System starts the following time sequences:
- A command is sent to start up the diesel engine
- When the diesel is ready, the system automatically switches from the mains to the diesel engine
- The power loads are shed
- The power loads are reloaded in a predefined order
- Increased safety performance delivered by Rolls-Royce patented SpinlineTM technology.
- Reduction in spare parts inventory costs through the use of standard Spinline components, as in Nuclear Instrumentation or Reactor Protection Systems, etc.
- Improved availability due to integrated continuity tests for relay coils, ensuring that commands are carried out properly.
- Suitable for any types of nuclear power plant, such as PWR, VVER, BWR or PHWR A command is sent to start up the diesel engine