The Rolls-Royce introduction of the RR300 ushers in a new era of turbine-powered flight
- Low cost turbine power for the light helicopter and general aviation market
- Design based on a proven heritage of over 180 million flight hours
The RR300 combines state-of-the-art design methodology with the proven legacy of the M250 engine line to produce a new engine family for the small rotary and fixed-wing market. The affordable RR300 makes smooth and reliable turbine-powered flight possible for a new generation of aircraft.
Designed as a replacement for piston engines in light helicopters and general aviation aircraft, the engine is optimised for performance in the 240 – 300 shp power range.
The engine has a certified multi-fuel capability and proven turbine engine responsiveness, smoothness and worry-free reliability.
A maintenance philosophy of a 2000 hour Preventative Maintenance Inspection (PMI) has been incorporated to assure dependable power and predictable performance for the owner/operator.
- Power (shp) - 240-300
- Pressure ratio - 6.2
- Length (in) - 37.6
- Width (in) - 21.5
- Basic weight (lb) - 201 (dry)
- Compressor - 1 stage centrifugal
- Turbine - 2 stage GP, 2 stage PT