Foundation Services for Civil engines
A suite of services available to all customers
All customers that operate Rolls-Royce engines have access to Foundation Services. These are the tools or services that an operator would need to self-manage its Rolls-Royce engines, and form the base from which other services can be offered.
Foundation services include:
Customer support underpins the dependable relationships that are built with our customers and our Vendors, suppliers, partners and overhaul and repair network. Customers are provided access to a Rolls-Royce Customer Service Manager and a Field Service Representative.
Our Field Service Representatives provide on-site technical support and are a conduit to the support from the wealth of experience from our engineers and technicians that only Rolls-Royce as the original equipment manufacturer can provide.
Rolls-Royce & Partners Finance Limited (RRPF) provides short, medium and long-term spare engine leasing solutions with the largest world-wide portfolio of Rolls-Royce and International Aero Engine (IAE) engines.
The provision of a financial package tailored to the specific requirements of each individual customer is an integral part of the complete service offered by Rolls-Royce for civil aircraft, power generation and marine vessels. We can arrange or provide the following financial services:
We have the experience and capability to provide asset-based support through the use of the following products:
- Residual value guarantees
- Asset value guarantees
- Comparative resale value guarantees
Capital Market Products
Rolls-Royce is firmly established as a provider of capital market products to Rolls-Royce customers. Typical transactions involve the following products:
- Senior secured debt
- Enhanced equipment trust certificates
- Tax-based leasing
A one-stop leasing service is available to enable the customer to lease engines, dispose of used engines or contract full support. We offer a full product range from Rolls-Royce and International Aero Engines. We also provide the following:
- Dedicated leasing - We will structure leasing packages specially tailored to operators’ needs. We primarily offer spare engines but will also lease high-value engine accessories to provide complete support.
- Operating lease - Ownership of the asset remains with Rolls-Royce but the operator can enjoy the flexibility of integrating the engine into their fleet on a cost-effective basis, preserving the cash position.
- Pooling - Engine pooling, is where spare engines are made available to operators who have similar requirements and is managed by us. This provides effective support at a low cost.
- Short-term leasing - Although more reactive in nature, this is still a service that can help when an airline has an unexpected urgent engine requirement.
Export credit financing
Rolls-Royce will support customers through the application process to secure export credit financing via a dedicated and professional team using our firmly established contacts. The teams experience in this field is proven by its successful results.
This is where the operator effectively purchases the asset through the lease and so gains the value of a capital asset at the end of the lease period.
Rolls-Royce is commited to providing world-class operational and technical support to our customers to keep aircraft flying and maximising engine availability. From readiness to entry into service and throughout the life of the engine, Rolls-Royce continues to provide support.
This comes via one of our 3 Civil Operation Centres, through our Field Service Representatives and using the Rolls-Royce Aeromanager internet portal. The Aeromanager portal provides direct access engine health monitoring data, spare parts ordering, technical publications and advice and communication packs whenever you need them.
In support of delivering services to customers, Rolls-Royce has established a world-wide infrastructure consisting of overhaul and repair facilities, line maintenance centres, and over 170 field Services Representatives in offices in every continent. The location of the Rolls-Royce and joint venture facilities can be found by downloading the GTS brochure
All customers, using Rolls-Royce or other engines to power their aircraft may choose the Fuel Management Services delivered by Optimized Systems and Solutions (OSyS), a wholly owned Rolls-Royce company.
The fuel management service can provide significant savings our customer’s fuel usage through the analysis and reporting of fuel usage.
Training courses are available to cover all aspects of engine maintenance, from depth maintenance to specialist line maintenance and fault isolation techniques.
Rolls-Royce training can be provided at a customer location or at the specially designed and built Customer Training Centre where full access to the broad portfolio of Rolls-Royce civil engines is available.
The following courses are available www.rolls-royce.com/training
Engine Leasing and Parts Trading
A fully integrated but self-sufficient unit, Engine Leasing and Parts Trading is authorised to trade on the behalf of Rolls-Royce. They specialise in used and surplus parts and part life engines that can be offered for lease.
Parts Trading offers support to customers who have requested a low cost Time and Material solution to their Engine Overhaul needs. They buy, part and stock full engines, and purchase individual used and surplus new parts as required. In addition, we offer to supply a range of serviceable used parts to customers who do not wish to purchase new.
More than $30 million of parts within inventory
The Rolls-Royce Parts Trading group is expert in evaluating assets and works with customers to release value from their surplus inventory and engines.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Rolls-Royce Group plc, Rolls-Royce Leasing (RRL) delivers both short term and longer term lease solutions for Civil Aerospace spare engines. With a product portfolio that covers all in-service engines, we can support customers through planned or unplanned events.
- 20 worldwide storage locations enabling the optimisation of spare engines to support the whole of the customer base and to avoid unnecessary customer disruption
- Industry standard lease solutions
Rolls-Royce offers the management of Line Replaceable Units (LRU) and Line Replaceable Parts (LRP). A dedicated team of contracts, engineering, purchasing, quality and logistics specialists manages a door-to-door service on behalf of a growing customer base. These services are all underpinned by the OEM vendor network and a global freight forwarding network with a proven track record.
- Global OEM vendor network utilised
- 24/7 Global AOG support
- Return logistics (Incoterms 2000 DDU)
- Airworthiness Directives (AD) and Service Bulletins (SB) recommended and alert
- Beyond Economic to repair (BER) replacements
- No Fault Found (NFF)
- All repairs released to EASA Form 1 & FAA 8130
- Access to Exchange/Loan assets
- Assets maintained to Rolls-Royce/OEM workscopes (CMP)
- Line and Shop coverage
- Defined list of covered assets
- Internet based track and trace system with detailed reporting capabilities