The latest Tay model, the Tay 611-8C, is part of the Tay 611 engine family, which has over 25 year's in-service experience. The whole Tay fleet has attained over 33 million total engine family flight hours to date. Over 2,000 Tay engines worldwide are powering Gulfstream business jets and Fokker regional aircraft.
With a thrust of 13,850lb the Tay 611-8C powers the Gulfstream G350 and G450 business jets. This latest Tay-model has been designed to continue the record of outstanding reliable service set over the last fifty years by the preceding Gulfstream family of business jets exclusively powered by Rolls-Royce engines.
The Tay 620 and Tay 650, powering the Fokker 70 and Fokker 100 aircraft, are the workhorses for many regional airlines and major carriers alike. These aircraft are also popular with start-up carriers due to their competitive lease rates and low up-front investment costs. Rolls-Royce provides airlines with a complete range of services, which can be flexibly included in a TotalCare agreement, thus enabling airlines to concentrate on their core business and keep cost down.
- Powering Gulfstream business jets (Gulfstream G300/G400 and G350/450) and Fokker regional aircraft (F70/F100)
- Entry into service in 1987 as the sole powerplant for the Gulfstream GIV SP
- The most reliable entry into service (EIS) of any aero engine
- Renowned for outstanding reliability, economy, good propulsive efficiency and low noise generation
- More than 2,000 Tay engines installed worldwide
- In 2011 the Tay 611-8C engine received CAEP6 certification.
The latest Tay model, the Tay 611-8C, combines an advanced wide-chord fan with a service-proven core and a new digital electronic engine control system. The engine offers outstanding operability, maintainability and excellent fuel efficiency.
- The Tay is a two-shaft high-bypass ratio engine
- 44-45 inch diameter wide-chord fan with three stages of LP compressor to the rear
- 12-stage HP compressor
- Annular combustion system, consisting of ten combustors
- Two-stage HP turbine
- Three-stage LP turbine
- The majority of the bypass duct is constructed in carbon fibre composite material
- Cold bypass air and hot exhaust are combined in a forced mixer that gives good propulsive efficiency and low noise generation