Below you will find answers to some common queries that we receive. For questions specifically about our assessment and selection process please visit How to apply or review these frequently asked questions .

1. Will Rolls-Royce support my formal academic and professional development?

Absolutely. All our Programmes lead to professional accreditations and we help every graduate we recruit to achieve recognised qualifications., If you join us as an intern in the UK and are then accepted onto one of our graduate development programmes, we'll give you a final year bursary of £1,500 split into two payments, half when you accept our offer and the remaining sum paid once you start within the business.

2. I'm thinking of taking a year out after university. Can I delay my start with you?

Sometimes, but it will depend on our current business plans and your reasons for wanting to defer.

3. Do you take non-engineers on the graduate engineering programmes?

We take a small number of graduates from mathematics, physics and other scientific disciplines.

4. Can I make more than one application?

No, you can apply once during our recruitment cycle. However, if we feel there is a more suitable programme we will advise you of this during the application process.

5. Will I get feedback on how well I've performed?

Due to the volume of applications we receive, we can only provide feedback on an individual basis if you're invited to an assessment centre.

6. What's the closing date for applications?

Please refer to your chosen area for confirmed closing dates. To avoid disappointment we recommend you apply sooner rather than later, we work on first come first served basis so don't miss out!

7. I'm not an EU national – will you help me obtain permission to work in the UK?

We are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK. In the absence of any candidate from outside the EEA possessing immigration status which allows them to live and work in the UK, Rolls-Royce will consider sponsorship under Tier 2 of the Points Based System.

Sponsorship is subject to all the appropriate criteria (as specified by the UK Border Agency) being satisfied. Should Rolls-Royce choose to sponsor a candidate who is outside of the UK then please note that it will be necessary for Rolls-Royce to make an application for a certificate of sponsorship from the UK Border Agency.

Rolls-Royce cannot offer any guarantee that such a request will be successful. In the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.

In Norway, Sweden, Finland and Poland, all offers given are subject to obtaining a work permit approval.

8. If I need to relocate, what assistance will you provide?

If you're in the US you'll get a relocation package (initially, and while you're on the Programme). In the UK we offer information and guidance on local accommodation, and if you're a summer intern we'll usually make arrangements with the local college or university for reasonably priced short-term accommodation.

In Poland the relocation package is negotiated separately. Further details will be provided if you are successful.

9. I am not a US Citizen or Permanent Resident – will you help me obtain permission to work in the US?

To be eligible for our graduate programmes in the United States, you must be a US Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have permanent/indefinite authorization to work in the United States. Visa sponsorship is not available, including for those currently in the US on a student visa.