Reference number: SK_001, Date added: 18-Feb
Our Naval Systems group analyses the requirements of new naval ship programmes, translating them into integrated propulsion system solutions. As a Marine Engineer, you will provide the technical and domain knowledge, developing and promoting power and propulsion systems and equipment for new opportunities, and enabling the marketing and sales of products through a 'systems approach'.
Rolls-Royce is a global company, providing integrated power solutions for customers in the civil and defence aerospace, marine and energy markets. We continue to invest in our people, core technologies to broaden and strengthen our portfolio and improve the efficiency and environmental performance of our products.
- Responsible for identifying and eliciting User and Customer requirements for new naval programmes.
- Provide technical leadership during the development of innovative marine power and propulsion system concepts, involving detailed engineering calculation/analysis.
- Regular contact with shipyards and other key stakeholders involved in naval procurement, and with suppliers/partnering organisations, providing an efficient and accurate response to queries.
- Provide specialist input to the strategic campaign planning & marketing function.
- Provide local oversight of installation and setting to work of Rolls-Royce products, supporting Rolls-Royce product specialists as required.
Location: Based in Seoul with frequent travel to customers near Busan.
- Degree qualified in engineering; with up to 10 years’ experience in marine engineering or naval architecture
- An understanding of ship power and propulsion, prime movers and other system components.
- Familiarity with the issues involved in the naval procurement process, and in hydrodynamics, and the configuration, design, installation and operational aspects of ship power and propulsion.
- In addition to being fluent in the Korean language you must also have a basic ability in English language, both written and verbal.
- A keen interest in the marine industry, a good knowledge and understanding of ships and marine products.
- Good analytical, communication / presentation and persuasion skills, and customer focus
- Ability to work unsupervised within a remote team
- Required to be flexible with respect to travel, sometimes at short notice, and extensively within Korea and on occasion internationally.
Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation. Rolls Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to Abdul Kashif (Abdul.firstname.lastname@example.org) or call +65 6240 3418.