MRP Controller - Buy
Reference number: Japan_001, Date added: 07-Jan
Our job is to ensure we deliver our customers' engines and spare parts on time and at minimal cost - no matter how complicated the order. You’ll be the initial point of contact for a portfolio of parts, ensuring satisfaction of demand requirements, optimising inventory and maintaining excellent supplier relationships with the external supply chain. You’ll also manage the incorporation of new products by ensuring suppliers are production ready.
Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. Through planning and control, we strive to keep operating costs down through simpler, better process solutions, and we’re driven by standard processes, no matter which country we're operating in.
- To respond to demand changes by providing the SCMT Regional Purchase Manager with the implications of meeting customer requirements in line with the company Commitment Acceptance (Sales & operations planning) process.
- To ensure the maintenance of component planning data (e.g. Master (lead time) and dynamic data (transactional)) that will enable cascade of demand through the supply chain resulting in a committed plan.
- To plan and manage stock across the supply chain ensuring levels specified are maintained and is used in the appropriate order and time frame.
- To ensure specified supplier delivery commitments are reflected in SAP, respond to supplier enquiries and manage adherence of schedule lines (Exception Messages) to ensure delivery to plan, including new parts introduction in line with all the relevant processes including use of the Supply Chain proforma.
- To be process compliant through the use of company standard systems, processes and reports to resolve potential delivery hazards.
- To be the primary interface and lead operational relationships with suppliers to lead and co-ordinate all improvement activity associated with planning, control, inventory, delivery and lead time.
- To lead business reviews with their suppliers ensuring that both the suppliers and R-R requirements are being met considering the impact of Quality, total cost and Delivery on the SCMT. To ensure these reviews are supported by other appropriate functions as required.
- As part of the Business reviews understand Load and Capacity constraints within a supplier that may impact performance and delivery.
Qualifications and experience:
- A University degree in manufacturing/production/Industrial engineering or supply chain discipline
- 5 years in a progressive Planning & Control role. Project/ Progarmme management experience is desirable
- Must be fluent in English and conversant in Japanese will be an advantage.
To express an interest in this exciting opportunity, please submit a professional resume that includes a detailed work history to the following email address: HR-Shanghai@Rolls-Royce.com
Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer