Customer Business Manager
Reference number: Thai_001, Date added: 06-Dec
Rolls-Royce is a global company, providing integrated power solutions for customers in the civil and defence aerospace, marine and energy markets. We continue to invest in our people and core technologies to broaden and strengthen our portfolio and improve the efficiency and environmental performance of our products.
We are an established force in the energy sector. We're one of the leading providers of gas turbines for onshore and offshore applications, and we provide compressors, reciprocating engines and diesel power units to customers around the world. We also have a developing civil nuclear capability that has further strengthened our position in the power generation market.
We’re a world leader in power for the offshore and onshore gas industry; we have 35 pipelines across 24 gas platforms around the globe.
An exciting opportunity for a Customer Business Manager has opened up in our Bangkok office.
As Customer Business Manager you will better anticipate customer needs and help grow the new equipment and aftermarket businesses in Thailand. You will ensure that we can respond rapidly to customer concerns, position Rolls-Royce for future growth and also demonstrate that we are committed to developing local skills and capabilities.
You will be focused on managing relationships and developing strategies targeted specifically at key customers. This will include producing sales forecasts, representing the customer internally within Rolls-Royce and helping to direct engineering, technical and commercial support to maintain customer satisfaction.
The customer relationship will be yours to own across the full spectrum of activities of the Energy business. This includes developing and cultivating relationships with key customers and identifying business development opportunities to ensure success throughout the entire product life cycle.
You will set the strategy for Thailand and develop resource plans to accommodate customer needs. You will also be responsible for meeting sales and cost targets for the year. Customer satisfaction, measured regularly, will be used as a key metric to determine your effectiveness in this role.
- You will direct all business activities within Thailand including setting strategy for customers and markets, developing plans for growth and delivering on sales and cost targets.
- Working with commercial and technical groups in Rolls-Royce as an advocate for customers, you will help to drive priorities and ensure that support groups are aware of and working on solutions to customer issues.
- As the lead interface with the customer you will be responsible for identifying project opportunities, as well as providing guidance to the delivery organisation relative to communications, feedback, and problem resolution, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- You will be responsible for understanding the customer decision making process, including identifying the key stakeholders involved in the process, such as the requirement for partners and/or governing body approvals, etc.
- As the key advocate in driving Rolls-Royce to provide industry leading levels of customer satisfaction, you will have responsibility for creating a long term vision for growth with each key customer including providing input and direction to the long range forecasting process for Rolls-Royce.
In order to be successful in this role, the following skills and experience are necessary:
- Proven sales and management experience in the oil and gas, power generation or energy service industry.
- A strong understanding of the product lifecycle.
- Experience managing a team with direct and indirect reports in a matrix type organization.
- Experience in a sales/business development role or experience in dealing with complex customers.
- Strong customer focus and passion for delivering customer satisfaction.
- Ability to interface at all levels of both the customer and Rolls-Royce's organisation.
- Ability to operate in a regional structure and understand customers, local requirements, barriers to entry, etc.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking ability.
Skills / Qualifications Required
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written at all levels, internally and externally.
- Fluent in both Thai and English.
- University Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
This role will suit someone who is looking for an exciting new challenge and has the ability to travel internationally.
To apply please send your current CV stating reasons for your application to AP.email@example.com
Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation. Rolls Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.