Technical Support Representative / Engineer
Reference number: Mexico_006, Date added: 01-May
Location: Villahermosa, Paraiso, Cardnas and Frontera
Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of its products.
The Technical Support Representative / Engineer will report directly to the North & Central Americas Technical Support Manager and serve as the in-country focal point for the recording and resolution of technical issues for control engineers/reps, mechanical engineers/reps, project managers during ICS, ESOL and/or LTSA projects or any other activities that may arise. This individual will also liaise with Engineering and/or customer representatives and be the dissemination and central contact point for the distribution of Technical Bulletins and instructions to the in-country Service Reps / Engineers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for ensuring that working conditions are safe at all times
- Communicate with Rolls-Royce business units, customers and Customer Business Staff to determine requirements and provide support and information to our customers
- Conduct failure investigations and monitor customer complaints and concerns in order to ensure that the customer receives a satisfactory solution
- Demonstrate familiarity with gas turbines, instrumentation, PLC’s and programming
- Write clear technical reports and make technical presentations to customer representatives and/or RR management when necessary
- Demonstrate an intimate working knowledge of the RR product line or its industry equivalents
- Lead teams on a project and be able to function with minimal support from outside resources
Successful candidates will be based in Mexico to ensure the timely resolution of customer problems and have flexibility to work overtime based on workload and have the ability to work both independently and within a team environment. Additionally, qualified candidates should possess an understanding of gas turbine operation, electrical generator operation and rotating gas compressor operations and have prior experience in equipment maintenance and/or installation and commissioning of industrial rotating machinery.
Other preferred qualifications include:
- Familiarity with controls systems that support the operation of the turbine engine with ability to solve problems and utilize technical skills for quick and precise resolution of complex controls or mechanical/instrumentation problems
- Experience with Rockwell Software (Allen Bradley) based control systems including - RSLogix 5000, RSNetworx, for ControlNet, RSNetworx for Devicenet and RSLinx
- A working knowledge of Entronics Controls based systems including:FT-55, FT-100, FT-110
- HMI working knowledge pertaining to WonderWare (InTouch) programming and Intellution (IFix) programming
- Experience in rotating equipment hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems maintenance and trouble shooting
- Transmitters (including Hart communication protocol), Device control loops (4-20 mA, 1-5 vdc, etc.
- Temperature monitoring devices (RTDs and thermocouples) Speed monitoring (magnetic pickup devices)
- Vibration monitoring systems (Bently Nevada, Allen Bradley XM)
To express interest in this exciting opportunity, please submit a professional resume that includes a detailed work history to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer.
Rolls-Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.