Reference number: CNC-27-13 , Date added: 07-Oct
Rolls-Royce is a world-leading organization with over 38,000 skilled employees in offices, manufacturing and services facilities in 50 countries across the World.
Rolls-Royce has a world-leading range of capabilities in the marine market, encompassing the design, supply and support of power and propulsion systems. We are leaders in the integration of technologically complex, mission critical systems for offshore oil and gas, merchant and naval vessels.
Right now we have some 650 Rolls-Royce designed and equipped vessels operating in the offshore oil and gas sector. And we have a significant presence in the naval market, powering 70 navies worldwide. All told, we have over 2,500 marine customers and equipment installed on over 30,000 vessels.
Rolls-Royce, Civil Nuclear Canada located in Peterborough Ontario, has over 30 years of operation in the Canadian nuclear market and holders of the prestigious and internationally recognized ASME N-stamp accreditation, are seeking to attract applicants for the position of Welder Fitter.
Reporting to the Production Lead the Welder Fitter will lay out, fit, and weld fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble structural forms, such as machinery frames, tanks, pressure vessels, bridge parts, according to blueprints. The Welder Fitter will have knowledge of welding and metallurgy and according to drawings, weld and process procedures, to meet the engineered drawings in the time allotted by the Manufacturing Process Instruction, while adhering to Risk Assessment requirements as they apply to each operation or machine. Select equipment and plans layout, assembly and welding while applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding technique.
- Adhere to all Risk Assessment requirements for the equipment being used.
- Consistently deliver acceptable parts in the time allowed.
- Contribute to Tool Box talks and other communications.
Qualifications and experience:
- Demonstrate knowledge of safe handling of materials, and the ability to recognize unsafe situations.
- Has a recognized Trade Certificate or evidence of equivalent experience.
- Ability to weld a variety of metals including most varieties of carbon and stainless steels.
- Ability to weld in various process’s such as GTAW, SMAW, GMAW, FCAW.
- Abilities in submerged arc desirable.
- Read and understand complex welding drawings and symbols.
- Identify different materials.
- Communicate with others (peers, Supervisors and subordinates); speaking; talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Will be required to work at site
- Will be required to pass a security clearance
In return, we offer excellent development prospects, coupled with the salary and benefits you would expect of an internationally renowned and successful organization.
To apply for the above position please submit a cover letter and résumé quoting the job title and file number CNC-27-13 to:
Human Resources, Email: HR-RRCNC@rolls-royce.com
or Fax: 705-743-3216
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.