Reference number: CNC-25-13 , Date added: 26-Sep
Rolls-Royce is home to some of the world’s finest minds. And nowhere are those minds more keenly tested than in our growing nuclear business. This is your chance to join them. We are always looking to increase our capability in some of our key disciplines and would be happy to consider applications for both now and the future
As a Mechanical Designer within Rolls-Royce's fast-growing nuclear business, you will become part of the nuclear industry's leading edge. Taking responsibility for working as part of a team to design specialized tooling, process systems, structural assemblies, and pressure retaining components including waste management equipment.
We recruit excellence at every level – from recent graduates to experienced professionals, including those with team management experience. Whatever your background, we have a unique range of opportunities in our nuclear business. Nuclear experience, although an advantage, is not a prerequisite for any role.
Mechanical Designer – key skills and qualifications (some dependent on your level of experience):
- A diploma or degree from a recognized Mechanical Engineering Technical Program, or have equivalent knowledge and experience of a good academic standing.
- As a minimum a Design Technologist with five (5) years practical experience in the field of mechanical design.
- Proficiency in the use of 3D solid modelling software (preferably Solid Edge).
- Manufacturing methods and representation of those on drawings and design documents including welding symbols and notations.
- Material properties and the behaviours of materials and structures under multiple load combinations.
- Design-by-analysis using finite element software i.e. ANSYS, would be an asset.
Nuclear engineering at Rolls-Royce
Rolls-Royce is a world-leading organization with over 38,000 skilled employees in offices, manufacturing and services facilities in 50 countries across the World.
With over 2,600 employees Rolls-Royce, Civil Nuclear continues to expand our global footprint to ensure we are well positioned to help our customers succeed in meeting the challenges of the expanding nuclear market.
Rolls-Royce, Civil Nuclear Canada with over 30 years of operation in the Canadian nuclear market and holders of the prestigious and internationally recognized ASME N-stamp accreditation, are seeking to attract applicants for the position of Mechanical Designer.
In return, we offer excellent development prospects, coupled with the salary and benefits you would expect of an internationally renowned and successful organization.
To apply for the above position please submit a cover letter and résumé
quoting the job title and file number CNC-25-13 to:
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.