Controls Service Engineer
Reference number: 00052221, Date added: 25-Feb
- Undertake relevant routine maintenance, repair and commissioning work on Marine electronic equipment in accordance with the maintenance contract(s).
- After dis-assembly, clean, inspect and evaluate the parts need for repair / replacement, carrying out repair work on well-defined problems, with some technical support.
- Read electrical blueprints, schematics, diagrams and technical order to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Inspect, analyse, record calibration results and produce Service and Technical Reports.
- Ensure that all work is done in accordance with applicable legal and Company procedures and instructions, including Health & Safety policies.
- Undertake product training as required.
- Will have a technical orientation, good interpersonal skills and a strong willingness to learn.
- Should have knowledge of the relevant machining / tooling techniques, application and procedures.
- Should have sufficient technical knowledge to work independently with limited technical support.
- Extensive travel (both domestic and international) is required, sometimes at short notice - often required to spend a week or more away from home at any one time.
- Must be able to work extended hours when required and be availabel for Service Support on a 24 hr basis, weekends and holidays
- May at times be exposed to difficult working conditons (both hot and cold climates) and will be required to be physically capable and fit enough to move on, off and around vessels on a regular basis (in line with the local Health & Safety policy).
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer.
Rolls-Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.