Data Acquisition System Technologist
Reference number: 00059897, Date added: 11-Jun
Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of its products.
DAS technologist (Data Acquisition Technologist):
As part of the Test & Measurement Instrumentation department which include a design office and a laboratory, the Data Acquisition System technologists will be required to efficiently provide quality measurement data within cost and time to support development system validation on Gas Turbine for Rolls-Royce Energy or Aero sector.
He will be responsible to define the measurement chain configuration, operates the necessary data acquisition system, ensure data integrity & system functionality during production or development test. He will be requested to communicate and actively participate with stakeholders in delivering the customer validation strategy. This will require the DAS technologist to develop the skills and flexibility to respond to variable and unpredictable nature of the development environment. Daily and Project responsibilities are:
- Comply with the quality process for development and production test related activities
- Support and apply Journey to Process Excellence principles;
- Participate with team members in supporting departmental objectives in the most effective manner
- Coordinate and supports the Test Facility Engineering (TFE) department with test facility capability projects, implementation and validation of instrumentation and software upgrades
- System Maintenance
- Maintain, calibrate and manage the Dynamic Data Acquisition System (DDAS), Engine Data Acquisition System (proDAS), Plant Control System (PCS), Engine Management System (EMS) and Continuous Emissions Monitoring System (CEMS and FTIR) to ensure proper operation at all time
- Manage spare parts inventory required to support Data Acquisition Systems(DAS)
- Validate EMS software integrity by simulated signal methods
- With TFE, Instrumentation Design and Metrology department define the calibration process to state data measurement uncertainty specific for a given measurement chain.
- Prepare and coordinate completion of tasks with team members to meet engine Pass To Test target date
- Configure DAS appropriately to meet development and production engine test requirements
- Define parameter connection in hookup documents in accordance with test instructions. Escalate issues as appropriate to Test Vehicle Owner.
- Ensure instrumentation is functional and properly connected to appropriate DAS channel prior engine test
- Coordinate Test Support with Test Bed Custodian, Test Vehicle Owner, Test Monitors and Testers
- Operate DAS and all facility electronic systems during engine testing. Monitor parameters, alarms and report any concerns or problems to Test Monitors or Test Vehicle Owner. Advise them as appropriate
- Troubleshoot DAS for problem affecting the measurement quality with TFE and Supplier or Original Equipment Manufacturer. Fix problem or escalate issues if the problem can?t be contained within a reasonable amount of time to Test Vehicle Owner and direct line manager
- Up-date, maintain and report Instrumentation Fault Tracker during test duration
- Post Test Operation
- File test data in electronic format for future use by the Customer
- Initiate data back-up process, ensure integrity and archive appropriately;
- Re-play performed test data acquired in support of Customer data reduction requirements.
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer.
Rolls-Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.