Reference number: 00046282, Date added: 27-Aug
Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of its products.
Rolls-Royce personnel have been providing real-time plant monitoring systems to the nuclear power industry for over 30 years. We are growing and are seeking qualified personnel to gain an expert knowledge of our offerings and work with project team members to perform software enhancements and assists in integration, project delivery, and future product enhancements.
This position designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Also, determines computer user needs, analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls. This position prepares operating instructions, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems, as well as ensuring that software standards are met.
- Assists in developing product roadmap for future upgrades and part of project team implementing the roadmap
- Performs software design and development activities for Plant Monitoring Software (PMS) for Nuclear Power plant I&C Systems
- Participate in the set-up, software modification and system integration and testing, and delivery of our Projects
- Perform software development to upgrade system
- Assists in proposal development and establishing costs and budgets for software mods
- Specify software according to sub-system specifications
- Define in cooperation with software quality assurance manager the software quality plan
- Organize and manage the software development project: project organization, planning, tracking and oversight, configuration and change management
- Develop and validate the software according to the applicable process and rules
- Understand and implement a structured a software development process for nuclear safety systems
- Understand and implement the quality standards applicable to nuclear safety systems
- Understand and support the software Verification and Validation process
- Willing to travel internationally and work with international implementation
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries. Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Environment. Rolls Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.