Applications Engineer (AE) Technical Project Manager
Reference number: 00054170, Date added: 13-Feb
Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of its products.
The Applications Engineering team works with customers, vendors and product engineering to create project specific system solutions to meet customer and regional requirements derived from ?standard? designs in the business product portfolio. As the ?Electrical Power Specialist? you will define the offered electrical power solution and provide technical leadership in all the Electrical Power System aspects of New Unit Sales.
In this role your technical breadth and expertise will enable you to resolve any technical compliance issues and develop strong technical relationships with customers. As an integral member of the Proposal Team you will work with the Sales Team, Proposal Managers and Engineering Teams to ensure our offer is a fully defined, integrated and optimised solution.
- Review customer technical specifications and relevant regional/industry codes. Prepare clarifications and develop technical solutions based upon 'standard' designs that provide an attractive solution for both the customer and Rolls-Royce.
- Develop the technical proposal with clear communication of scope and compliance supported by appropriate contract technical clauses. This will include drawings and descriptions of the packaged generator systems.
- Develop detailed engineering/procurement specifications for Generators and associated equipment. Host technical reviews & obtain committed costs for supplied equipment with agreed clarifications to specifications to ensure integration with the gas turbine prime mover.
- Clearly communicate project specifications and requirements to the engineering execution teams. Provide a clear explanation of agreed commitments and identify any deviations from the RR Standard build packages.
- Work with Engineering, Purchasing and Suppliers to confirm the scope, cost, and delivery. Ensure the commitments from the Supplier meet the bid strategy set by the Proposal Manager, customer specifications and local codes.
- Supply the project team with final committed Vendor Document Register List (VDRL) & Inspection & Test Plan (ITP) for these commodities.
- Provide technical support in the presentation of the proposal and technical clarifications in sales meetings with Customers, Suppliers, and with the Project Team.
- Where necessary work with the customer to help resolve electrical power network or other integration issues.
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Environment.
Rolls Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.