Manufacturing Engineer - Purchasing
Reference number: 00056911, Date added: 04-Jul
Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of its products.
The Manufacturing Engineer will maintain knowledge of manufacturing processes used by Rolls-Royce and suppliers for selection and deployment of methods that consistently meet engineering requirements; proven to be stable and capable. This role is also responsible for the flow down of regulatory and product integrity requirements to the supplier.
As a Manufacturing Engineer ? Purchasing your key accountabilities will include:
- Ensuring Method of Manufacture for new components are developed and meet the customers? requirements for quality, cost, delivery and responsiveness and ensuring the level of performance is sustainable
- Leading/Supporting ?Build In Quality? for the introduction of new products and validate the components through deployment of FAIR process and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Influencing the commodity strategies and sourcing decisions with Technical knowledge
- Conducting and validating relevant assessments (Manufacturing Capability Assessments or Technical Oversight - Special Process) for new and existing supply chains
- Educating and coaching suppliers in the application of relevant specifications and business requirements
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer.
Rolls-Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled