Probabilistics and Uncertainty Quantification Specialist
Reference number: 00064677, Date added: 03-Sep
Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of its products.
The selected candidate is expected to develop, document and implement mathematical methods and associated software in the areas of probabilistics and uncertainty quantification.
- Develop and implement probabilistics & UQ methods for the delivery of competitive technology, underpinned by robust processes & systems
- Work with company subject matter experts (SMEs) and engineering design and manufacture teams to identify opportunities to apply probabilistics and UQ techniques
- Author proposals to pursue internal and external funding for methods related activities in probabilistics & UQ
- Participate, as needed, in technical reviews in the areas of optimization, probabilistics and UQ
- Ensure best technical practices are applied (ie. compliance to rules/methods/standards, links with corporate skill experts, capture knowledge/lessons learned)
- Provide regular and timely updates to the line manager on the technical status of the tasks and ensuring completion within budgets
- Work with the line manager to ensure effective performance management through the performance development and review process
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer.
Rolls-Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled