Aerothermodynamics Combustion Chamber Engineer (f/m)
Reference number: 00063247, Date added: 28-Aug
Rolls-Royce Deutschland brings together a team of more than 3,500 employees from more than 50 nations, pursuing their passion for excellence when it comes to designing, manufacturing and servicing state-of-the-art aerospace engines.
Our headquarters in Dahlewitz near Berlin are home to the company's Development, Assembly and Customer Service units as well as central administrative and strategic departments.
Key value propositions of the Sub-System Team are to convert Customer System requirements into a Sub-System product architecture and manage component requirements & opportunities, to design, optimise and verify all major sub-system aerothermal and sub-system concepts and integrate the Sub-System within the product platform.
As a member of the Sub-System Department in the Combustion and Turbines Team your main responsibilities will include:
- Aero-thermal definition and development of aero-engine gas turbine combustion chambers and its components
- Teaming up and supporting the development of Rolls Royce low emission combustion technology and methodology focussing on NOx and smoke reduction technology for new engines applications
- Support and analysis of validation experiments; feed-back of test results and implementation of design changes into new technology developments
- Supporting the group to work on aero-thermal combustion task of all gas turbines in development and in service within the accountability of Rolls-Royce Deutschland
- Teaming up the Global combustion team within Rolls Royce-Group
- Work with Rolls Royce Research&Technology partners e.g. Research Institutes to acquire and develop new combustion technology; development of new technologies for fuel injection, combustor architectures and combustor wall cooling and combustor manufacturing technologies
- Applying commercial and Rolls-Royce in-house CFD codes and key systems for future combustor development