Aerodynamics Engineer for Turbomachinery or External Aerodynamics (f/m)
Reference number: 00058744, Date added: 07-May
Rolls-Royce is Germany's only fully-certified engine manufacturer with complete capability for the design, production and support of modern civil and military turbine engines. Our long, proud history of exceptional gear design, from turbo-shaft to LiftFan, is part of our vision to create better power for a changing world.
We're now seeking talented individuals to join the power gearbox, test-bed facility at our expanding Dahlewitz research site, within easy commuting distance of Berlin. This is challenging, cutting-edge work; developing and testing highly innovative, efficient gearboxes in classes up to 80MW.
To get this project off the ground we'll need individuals with a range of skills in this area and experience ranging from graduate level to senior leadership:
- Aerodynamic design, prediction and verification of world class turbomachinery and external systems and components, encompassing in-service fleet support, new product introduction, aerodynamic research and methods development.
- Prediction of a range of aerothermal performance characteristics for turbomachinery components (compressor, turbine, combustor) and externals (nacelle) using CFD and other methods.
- Critical evaluation of methods and tools and driving robust and standardised improvements.
- Aerothermal design for turbomachinery and external sub-systems and components at appropriate level of detail and risk, using correct company procedures and processes.
- Management and execution of work to support research and technology acquisition, working with partners and academia.