Oil Systems Engineer (f/m)
Reference number: 00056878, Date added: 06-May
Rolls-Royce is Germany's only fully-certified engine manufacturer with complete capability for the design, production and support of modern civil and military turbine engines. Our long, proud history of exceptional gear design, from turbo-shaft to LiftFan, is part of our vision to create better power for a changing world.
We're now seeking talented individuals to join the power gearbox, test-bed facility at our expanding Dahlewitz research site, within easy commuting distance of Berlin. This is challenging, cutting-edge work; developing and testing highly innovative, efficient gearboxes in classes up to 80MW.
To get this project off the ground we'll need individuals with a range of skills in this area and experience ranging from graduate level to senior leadership:
- Design, prediction and verification of oil and heat management systems for novel gear box technologies
- Concept studies to identify optimum oil and heat management system architecture for gear box under consideration of whole engine integration aspects.
- Creation of fluid mechanical and thermo dynamical models for predicting the behaviour of complex oil and heat management systems in particular for gear boxes.
- Detailed investigation of local heat generation and two-phase flow pattern, e.g. by CFD methods, for efficient oil supply and collection to reduce losses and achieve highest gear box efficiency.
- Development of methods for design and analysis of oil systems for complex gear box applications.
- Collaboration in research activities, especially with externals partners like universities, suppliers etc.
- Definition and coordination of system requirements for engine parts and components to create product specifications.
- Analysis, interpretation, evaluation and presentation of the results from model calculations and experimental tests as well as creation of technical documentation and quality documentation (e.g. process descriptions).