Safety & Reliability/Life Cycle Engineer (f/m)
Reference number: 00058743, Date added: 05-May
Rolls-Royce is Germany's only fully-certified engine manufacturer with complete capability for the design, production and support of modern civil and military turbine engines. Our long, proud history of exceptional gear design, from turbo-shaft to LiftFan, is part of our vision to create better power for a changing world.
We're now seeking talented individuals to join the power gearbox, test-bed facility at our expanding Dahlewitz research site, within easy commuting distance of Berlin. This is challenging, cutting-edge work; developing and testing highly innovative, efficient gearboxes in classes up to 80MW.
To get this project off the ground we'll need individuals with a range of skills in this area and experience ranging from graduate level to senior leadership:
- Coordinate with customers, suppliers and regulatory authorities on Safety & Reliability matters
- Conduct safety analyses for the complete powerplant (e.g. FHA, PSSA, FMECA, CMA, CCA, PRA, ZSA, SSA).
- Conduct engine control system safety assessments and Time Limited Dispatch (TLD) analyses.
- Assess specific design solutions/architectures to evaluate their impact on safety, reliability, life cycle cost, maintenance and/or operational procedures.
- Develop and deploy statistical models to perform safety numerical risk assessments and engine reliability predictions.
- Extract actionable insights from available data using statistics and data mining techniques in order to understand/quantify fleet experience. Use these insights to generate asset reliability, availability and performance improvement proposals.
- Develop improvements in tools, methods and processes.