Power Transmission Subsystem Designer (f/m)
Reference number: 00056739, Date added: 06-May
Rolls-Royce is Germany's only fully-certified engine manufacturer with complete capability for the design, production and support of modern civil and military turbine engines. Our long, proud history of exceptional gear design, from turbo-shaft to LiftFan, is part of our vision to create better power for a changing world.
We're now seeking talented individuals to join the power gearbox, test-bed facility at our expanding Dahlewitz research site, within easy commuting distance of Berlin. This is challenging, cutting-edge work; developing and testing highly innovative, efficient gearboxes in classes up to 80MW.
To get this project off the ground we'll need individuals with a range of skills in this area and experience ranging from graduate level to senior leadership:
- Develop design solutions comprising complete technical documentation regarding gearbox systems including all associated components such as spur gears, bevel gears, bearings, (drive-)shafts as well as housings and casings.
- Design and analysis of complex gearbox systems within a power range 15-80 MW and integration into whole engine architecture.
- Definition of product- and test requirements as well as verification of technical requirements at full scale component/system rigs.
- Development and integration of new analysis methods as well as conducting research in new technology areas.
- Writing comprehensive documentation for certification purpose and knowledge management.
- Optimisation of components and assemblies / systems with regard to efficiency and reliability improvements, targeting lower fuel consumption and improved customer satisfaction.