Structural System Design Engineer (f/m)
Reference number: 00056032, Date added: 06-May
Rolls-Royce is Germany's only fully-certified engine manufacturer with complete capability for the design, production and support of modern civil and military turbine engines. Our long, proud history of exceptional gear design, from turbo-shaft to LiftFan, is part of our vision to create better power for a changing world.
We're now seeking talented individuals to join the power gearbox, test-bed facility at our expanding Dahlewitz research site, within easy commuting distance of Berlin. This is challenging, cutting-edge work; developing and testing highly innovative, efficient gearboxes in classes up to 80MW.
To get this project off the ground we'll need individuals with a range of skills in this area and experience ranging from graduate level to senior leadership:
- Architect, evaluate and optimise the product design for structural, dynamic and thermo-mechanical aspects.
- Generate Whole Engine Models and conduct Finite Element Analyses to simulate the static and dynamic system behaviour under normal operating conditions as well as for extreme load cases such as Fan Blade Off or Bird Strike.
- Conduct research work and develop new validated methods for the simulation and integration of complex high power gearbox systems into new aero engine concepts, in particular with respect to dynamics and vibrations.
- Define balancing concepts, component design requirements as well as verification and test requirements for test rigs.
- Work with customers on mechanical airframe integration aspects and to provide documentation for Flight test and Certification purposes.