Electrical Power Systems Engineer
Reference number: 00045445, Date added: 23-Aug
Rolls-Royce Naval's Marine Electrical Systems (R-R MES) business, based in Portsmouth is a major supplier of electrical power distribution systems for both the Royal Navy and overseas. These systems with their associated equipment support the requirements of all types of naval combatants as well as a host of other naval auxiliary and support ships.
An exciting opportunity exists for electrical power system engineers to join the R-R MES team. The roles are primarily located in Portsmouth with potentially opportunities for periods working at other R-R and customer's sites within the UK.
Working on the development of a wide range of marine electrical solutions, the candidate will optimise electrical power systems to meet customer's requirements. Projects are taken from conceptual design, equipment specification and test, through to delivery of complete electrical system solutions.
We are seeking a candidate who is an experienced Marine Electrical Engineer with a strong background in electrical system design. They will be part of a team providing the design of the power generation and distribution system. The candidate shall also ensure that the design meets the safety, operational and transversal requirements. This role will take the system design from a mature concept through detailed design and into commissioning and service.
· Electrical consumer load management and scheduling
· Generate equipment schedules
· EMC management at product level
· Requirements capture management
· Working with OEMs to integrate and deliver detailed design solutions
· Supporting technical risk management
· Support to Classification Society plan approvals process
· Working with customer to ensure on time delivery of mature data to ship build programme