Electrical Drive Systems Engineer
Reference number: 00045442, Date added: 21-Aug
Rolls-Royce provides Power & Propulsion (P&P) system engineering for a wide range of ship designs and is further expanding these capabilities within the naval market where our portfolio gives Rolls-Royce the ability to provide P&P systems for the majority of front line warships.
Rolls-Royce Naval's Marine Electrical Systems (R-R MES) business, based in Portsmouth is a major supplier of electrical power distribution systems for both the Royal Navy and overseas. These systems with their associated equipment support the requirements of all types of naval combatants as well as a host of other naval auxiliary and support ships. An exciting opportunity exists for electrical power system engineers to join the R-R MES team. The roles are primarily located in Portsmouth with potentially opportunities for periods working at other R-R and customer's sites within the UK.
Working on the development of a wide range of marine electrical solutions, the candidate will optimise electrical power systems to meet customer's requirements. Projects are taken from conceptual design, equipment specification and test, through to delivery of complete electrical system solutions.
- Technical responsibility for the propulsion motor and drive sub-contract
- Ownership of physical, electrical and functional drive interfaces
- Drive integration into the electrical system to meet all system and transversal requirements
- EMC compliance
- Requirements capture and management
- Working with Rolls-Royce OEMs to integrate and deliver detailed design of generation & distribution
- Supporting technical risk management
- Support to Classification Society plan approvals process
- Working with customer to ensure on time delivery of mature data to ship build programme