Maintenance Planner Scheduler
Reference number: 00061048, Date added: 02-Jul
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Planner to join our Energy business unit based in Aberdeen.
Our Energy business supplies a wide variety of power plant and services packages to the gas and oil and power generation market worldwide. Due to our continued growth an opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Planner Scheduler to support the execution of our Long term service agreements from our Aberdeen office.
As a Maintenance Planner Scheduler you will be responsible for all aspects of planning and scheduling for our North Sea service contracts through our Aberdeen service centre. You will be responsible for achieving quality, on time delivery and customer satisfaction through a pro-active and responsive service.
Over the past few years, Rolls-Royce Energy has successfully grown to be a £1 billion per annum global business by focusing on the supply and support of aero-derivative gas turbine packages and equipment to the global oil & gas and power generation markets. The business has supplied over 4,000 gas turbines to customers in over 80 countries accumulating over 200 million hours of operating experience. It is our vision to be the customers' first choice for distributed power generation and compression systems solutions. We also have a developing civil nuclear capability that has further strengthened our position in the power generation market.
Please note; on the 6th of May 2014 Rolls-Royce announced an agreement to sell its Energy gas turbine and compressor systems business to Siemens. The sale is expected to complete before the end of 2014 subject to certain conditions, including regulatory approvals such as competition clearance. The role being advertised here is included within the part of the business which is being sold to Siemens. The role will, therefore, become part of the Siemens Group upon completion of the prospective sale.
As a Maintenance Planner Scheduler your responsibilities will be to:
- Monitor and update maintenance plans, utilising Microsoft Project and SAP to ensure resources are available and scheduled.
- Coordinate our planning with customer representatives, representing Rolls-Royce at customer meetings as well as chairing, schedule and plan meetings.
- Monitor resources and provide updates and feedback to ensure forecasting is as reliable as possible, recommending changes in inventory where required.
- Monitor and report of our customers' assets running regime and inventory and logistics management system.
- Negotiate demands for Field service and, as necessary, source or schedule parts and organise supply for campaigns. Provide planning leadership to the project office with regard to ongoing campaigns and updates.
- Interface directly with customers, technical support and suppliers to ensure work packs and material documentation are satisfied and requirements are satisfied.