Assistant Chief Engineer (Abbey Wood)
Reference number: 00058915, Date added: 13-May
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an Assistant Chief Engineer to join our team. This role is based within the Ministry of Defence (MoD) customer's Nuclear Propulsion (NP) Project Team office at Abbey Wood in Bristol and reports directly to the Submarines Programmes Customer Facing Business Unit (CFBU) Chief Engineer. This is a key role working with our NP customer at both strategic and operational levels to develop technical requirements and programmes for the Nuclear Steam Raising Plant (NSRP) that will support and deliver the aims of the Submarines Enterprise Performance Programme.
Our Submarines Business is responsible for the design,manufacture, supply and through-life support of nuclear propulsion-related products and systems in support of the Royal Navy's submarine fleet.
The Submarines Programmes Customer Facing Business Unit (CFBU) is one of the primary points of contact between the submarines business and our key customer organisations and is responsible for delivering our contractual commitments relating to new submarine build, in-service support to the existing submarine fleet and for contracts relating to the upgrade of our site infrastructure. These contracts together present a significant and diverse set of challenges to the business.
Whilst not exhaustive, responsibilities of this role include the following:
- Acting as an Engineering interface with the NP customer and other Enterprise Partners as required, with delegated authority from the CFBU Chief Engineer to represent the Roll-Royce Technical Authority.
- Attending customer meetings as necessary.
- Managing the NP requirements specification for any new/emergent issues.
- Being a Customer technical interface for relevant packages of work.
- Maintaining appropriate relationships and correspondence with a variety of key stakeholders both in NP and the wider enterprise to ensure that activities being undertaken are correctly focused, integrated,efficient and effective.
- Providing Technical leadership and support to the Derby-based Work Package Owners where required to deliver against the customer's requirements/expectations.
- Developing and communicating engineering issues from the NP(and wider) customer base including maintenance of a weekly brief to ensure that the wider CFBU CE team is aware of customer issues and changes.
- Managing any allocated staff (currently one Technical engineer).
Whilst based in Bristol, regular travel to Derby (and possibly other sites) will be required.