Higher Apprenticeship - Manufacturing Engineering - Hucknall
Reference number: 00064751, Date added: 01-Sep
Get paid. Get experience. Get a degree.
Rolls-Royce Higher Apprenticeships
Our Manufacturing Engineers are involved in the development of some of the most advanced manufacturing processes in the world, across aerospace, marine and nuclear technology.
Turning our designs into reality involves working with a broad range of stakeholders including designers, customers, suppliers and operations specialists in every part of Rolls-Royce around the globe.
Throughout your three and a half year Higher Apprenticeship, you will be working with engineers who are amongst the best in their field, and gain a solid foundation of engineering skills to build upon.
After completing your foundation training, you will have a broad appreciation of engineering principles and will embark on a series of mentored three month placements - ensuring you gain both the breadth and depth of experience you need to become a vital part of our future. These placements will give you practical knowledge in areas such as process planning, managing projects and costs, evaluating engineering designs, solving engineering problems, and implementing quality assurance methods.
You will enjoy on and off-the-job training, a competitive salary and opportunities to progress within our manufacturing engineering function. How far you progress in this role is up to you and your ambitions.
Rolls-Royce is a global company, providing integrated power solutions for customers in the civil and defence aerospace and marine markets. It's the perfect place to launch your big thoughts, ambitions and aspirations. You could soon be on your way to a challenging and rewarding career that is full of potential.
What you will get:
- A salary starting from around £11,875 dependent on role and location
- A competitive pension, and 33 days holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Throughout your Higher Apprenticeship you will go to college to study towards your Engineering Degree. Once you have finished your apprenticeship there is even the possibility to take your studies onto Masters level and eventually become a Chartered Manufacturing Engineer
- Do a real job in an advanced engineering business
- Learn alongside world-class engineers
- Develop confidence and teamwork skills on our Outward Bound programme.
- Get career support from day one