Principal EC&I Engineer- Warrington
Reference number: 00051750, Date added: 14-Jan
Rolls-Royce Nuclear has a unique opportunity for a Principal Electrical Control & Instrumentation (EC&I) Engineer to work in both the Defence and Civil Nuclear sectors on both New Build and In-Service Support projects. At Rolls-Royce, our focus is on providing customers with integrated, long-term support services across the reactor lifecycle. This covers safety and reliability assessments, licensing and environmental support, world-class engineering and component design, manufacture and supply, in-service support and plant life extension, as well as nuclear instrumentation, control and safety systems.
We offer a unique proposition: the option to work across the nuclear spectrum, from licensing, new build and obsolescence management to through-life support within both civil and defence projects. You will be a joining an organisation that brings together integrated customer solutions that draw upon all of our accumulated nuclear engineering, manufacturing and supply chain management experience and expertise. For talented nuclear professionals it is a chance to shape the future of nuclear across the world.
Join us and you can shape the future of a company with a heritage to be proud of. At Rolls-Royce you will find a culture of continuous training, development and scope for global mobility-everything you need to build a rewarding career while delivering excellence for our customers.
As the Principal Electrical Control & Instrumentation (EC&I) Engineer, you will be mainly responsible for:
- Detailed design of C&I system architecture throughout all phases of a project lifecycle from requirements capture and management through to system verification and validation.
- Design specification and integration of EC&I equipment and systems along with preparation of technical specifications and reports and installation, commissioning and operating documents.
- Design substantiation of EC&I with respect to design standards, component quality and reliability.
- Liaison with suppliers (internal and external) to ensure equipment is supplied in accordance with project requirements.
- Understanding of risk assessments in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Understanding of fault analysis and reliability assessments using recognised techniques including FMEA, FTA, HAZID, HAZOP.
- Production of safety justifications of EC&I systems/components.