Mechanical Design Engineers - Warrington
Reference number: 00051752, Date added: 14-Jan
Rolls Royce Nuclear is offering a unique opportunity for talented Mechanical Engineers to work in both the Defence and Civil Nuclear sectors on both New Build and In-Service Support projects. As a Mechanical Engineer you will be involved in the design process, working on cutting-edge projects. Focus will be on preparation of technical documentation, design-by-analysis, seismic and fatigue analysis as well as risk assessments.
At Rolls-Royce, our focus is on providing customers with integrated, long-term support services across the reactor lifecycle. This covers safety and reliability assessments, licensing and environmental support, world-class engineering and component design, manufacture and supply, in-service support and plant life extension, as well as nuclear instrumentation, control and safety systems.
Our Nuclear business is growing. The forward business plan includes significant growth into the civil nuclear market, for which we are already supplying a number of design and implementation solutions. Rolls-Royce is home to some of the world's finest minds. And nowhere are those minds more keenly tested than in our growing nuclear business. Our team is comprised of a broad range of experts in the fields of engineering, manufacturing, project management and procurement. This is your chance to join them. Our submarines business is growing on a global scale. We support the Royal Navy as the technical authority to the UK Ministry of Defence for naval reactor plants and we're continuing to build our nuclear sector capability. For you, this means unique opportunities to work across our portfolio of products and services. Our global, multi-million pound learning and development initiatives empower each individual to build a world-class reputation.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be mainly responsible for:
- Preparation of technical documentation such as design specifications, design reports and procurement specifications as well as substantiation against code and functional requirements.
- Hand calculations, design-by-rule formulae and design-by-analysis using finite element software.
- Seismic and fatigue analysis of pressure components.
- Selection of materials.
- Creating and manipulation of design definition using CAD software.
- Liaison with suppliers (internal and external) to ensure equipment is supplied in accordance with project requirements.
- Understanding of risk assessments in accordance with legislative requirements.