Nuclear Safety Engineers - Warrington
Reference number: 00051747, Date added: 14-Jan
Rolls Royce Nuclear has unique opportunities for Safety Case Engineers to work in both the Defence and Civil Nuclear sectors on both New Build and In-Service Support projects. As a Safety Case Engineer, you will support the Generic Design Assessment (GDA) process and Site Licensing of new nuclear power stations, and support existing nuclear sites and decommissioning projects.
At Rolls-Royce, our focus is on providing customers with integrated, long-term support services across the reactor lifecycle. This covers safety and reliability assessments, licensing and environmental support, world-class engineering and component design, manufacture and supply, in-service support and plant life extension.
Our Nuclear business is growing. Rolls-Royce is home to some of the world's finest minds. This is your chance to join them.
As a Safety Case Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Development of safety cases (PSR, PCSR, POSR etc) to support both the GDA and site specific licensing for UK new build.
- Preparation of safety case documentation for modifications to existing plants or for decommissioning sites and projects.
- Undertaking hazard assessment, fault screening, deterministic and probabilistic safety assessment, event and fault tree analysis, ALARP studies, safety categorisation and SIL assessments.
- Interfacing with the engineering teams to ensure the incorporation of nuclear safety case requirements in design.
- Participation in or chairing of HAZOP / HAZID / SWIFT etc.
- More experienced Nuclear Safety Engineers will be expected to lead projects and packages of work and be actively involved in the development and mentoring of less experienced engineers within the team.
- For less experienced safety engineers, excellent development opportunities are available, including a generous training budget, access to Rolls-Royce technical experts and exposure to cutting edge Rolls-Royce Research & Development projects.