Production, Planning & Control Manager - New Build
Reference number: 00061683, Date added: 09-Jul
Rolls-Royce has an exciting opportunity for a Production Planning&Control (PP&C) Manager in Derby to lead the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), physical logistics, storage, internal transportation and production planning and control through detail design, implementation and consolidation for the new facilities.
Rolls-Royce is home to some of the world's finest minds. And nowhere are those minds more keenly tested than in our growing nuclear business. Our team is comprised of a broad range of experts in the fields of engineering, manufacturing, project management and procurement. This is your chance to join them.
Our submarines business is growing on a global scale. We support the Royal Navy as the technical authority to the UK Ministry of Defence for naval reactor plants and we're continuing to build our nuclear sector capability.
For you, this means unique opportunities to work across our portfolio of products and services. Our global, multi-million pound learning and development initiatives empower each individual to build a world-class reputation.
As the Production Planning&Control Manager you will be responsible for:
- Integrating with the operational and Health Safety and Environment (HS&E) control team at the Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) to provide support as appropriate for MTC staff and understanding of technical and legislative elements associated with their area of responsibility and ensuring diligence in execution and compliance.
- Utilizing the standard tools, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and processes to ensure that committed goals and improvements are achieved (Quality Management System, Rolls Royce Production System (RRPS), etc); leading the Supply Chain and Production Planning Control (SC&PPC).
- Being resource owner of functional professionals deployed within the PP&C manager's scope of control as agreed at local level, ensuring development of competencies and core skills through education and shared learning.
- Providing coaching to team to ensure ERP/PP&C processes are followed and Supply Chain Planning and Control (SCP&C) objectives are achieved.
- Developing a factory within Material Resource Planning structures which adequately simulate work centres, resourcing pools for New Product Introduction (NPI) and in the future Current Class manufacturing.
- Ensuring that appropriate inventory levels (WIP (Work In Progress) and Static)) are in place for each cell and driving actions to ensure they are achieved and maintained by both SCP&C and operational personnel and that Production Readiness Assessments are carried out in a timely and compliant manner with all appropriate team members to gain on time delivery of Part Introduction.
- Sponsoring for the Future Class Integrated Product&Production Readiness work streams ensuring evidence for gates approval is adequate and well documented.
- Creating and implementation appropriate Planning, Control and Transportation processes and structuring to allow adequate planning and control of development work where integrated through the external supply chain, creating NPI plans for manufacture, ensuring robust load requirements through appropriate router modelling and implementation, feeding of load into the Current Class PP&C manager for load through Current Class facilities.