Chief Site Electrical Engineer
Reference number: 00053881, Date added: 27-Feb
Rolls-Royce Submarines is offering a unique opportunity for a Chief Site Electrical Engineer. Sat within the Infrastructure team (Submarines) and part of the Assurance and Improvement Function, the main purpose of the role will be to act as the Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation (Infrastructure) Engineering Intelligent Customer providing assurance for all matters relating to conventional and nuclear facilities, structures and associated Infrastructure within the Submarines business.
Rolls-Royce is home to some of the world's finest minds. And nowhere are those minds more keenly tested than in our growing nuclear business. Our team is comprised of a broad range of experts in the fields of engineering, manufacturing, project management and procurement. This is your chance to join them. Our submarines business is growing on a global scale, we support the Royal Navy as the Technical Authority to the UK Ministry of Defence for naval reactor plants and we're continuing to build our capability. Our global, multi-million pound learning and development initiatives empower each individual to build a world-class reputation.
As the Chief Site Electrical Engineer your main responsibilities include;
- Ensuring the safe running of all the electrical facilities on both Raynesway sites and assure appropriate maintenance/testing/inspection of the Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation Infrastructure at Raynesway.
- Providing design, modification and build assurance of Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation (Infrastructure) to the Submarines Business and appropriate Rolls-Royce Design Authorities.
- Acting as a Design Review Team Leader for the design and assessment of nuclear and conventional facilities and assure that Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation aspects of infrastructure projects follow Rolls-Royce project delivery processes and take appropriate account of industry best practice.
- Providing Statement of Requirements to the relevant Design Authorities for nuclear and conventional Infrastructure and defining the appropriate Engineering standards, including Quality Control and Quality Assurance.
- Acting as the Responsible Person for site electrical matters as required by the UK Health and Safety legislation to assure the business meets the appropriate statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Being responsible for the electrical supply systems and overall network load management on the Raynesway sites.
- Ensuring that key personnel and organisations undertaking Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation (Infrastructure) Engineering and Infrastructure design and implementation duties are Suitably Qualified and Experienced Persons (SQEP) appropriately appointed, tasked and controlled.