Lead Site Building Services & Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) Engineer
Reference number: 00053892, Date added: 27-Feb
Rolls-Royce Submarines wish to recruit a Lead Site Building Services & Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) Engineer, within the Infrastructure team, part of the Assurance and Improvement Function. The main purpose of the role will be to act as the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Building Services Intelligent Customer for all matters relating to conventional and nuclear facilities, structures and associated Infrastructure within the Submarines business.
Rolls-Royce is home to some of the world's finest minds. And nowhere are those minds more keenly tested than in our growing nuclear business. Our team is comprised of a broad range of experts in the fields of engineering, manufacturing, project management and procurement. This is your chance to join them.
Rolls-Royce Submarines supports the Royal Navy as the technical authority to the UK Ministry of Defence for naval reactor plants and we are continuing to develop our Infrastructure capability.
For you, this means unique opportunities to work across our portfolio of products and services. Our global, multi-million pound learning and development initiatives empower each individual to build a world-class reputation.
As the Lead Site Building Services & HVAC Engineer your main responsibilities include:
- Assuring appropriate maintenance/testing/inspection of the HVAC and Building Services Infrastructure at Raynesway.
- Providing design, modification and build assurance of HVAC and Building Services Infrastructure to the Submarines Business and appropriate Rolls-Royce Design Authorities.
- Acting as a Design Review Team Leader for the design and assessment of nuclear and conventional facilities and assure that HVAC and Building Services aspects of infrastructure projects follow Rolls-Royce project delivery processes and take appropriate account of industry best practice.
- Providing Statement of Requirements to the relevant Design Authorities for nuclear and conventional Infrastructure and defining the appropriate Engineering standards, including Quality Control and Quality Assurance.
- Acting as the 'Responsible Person' and prime point of contact for all matters relating to the control and prevention of Legionellosis in Domestic Systems and management of asbestos.
- Acting as a Fire Safety Co-ordinator for all matters relating to Fire Management on all the Raynesway sites and to represent the site as a member of the Nuclear Industry Fire Safety Consultative Committee.
- Being responsible for the building services supply systems and overall network load management on the Raynesway sites.
- Ensuring that key personnel and organisations undertaking HVAC and Building Services Engineering design and implementation duties are Suitably Qualified and Experienced Persons (SQEP) appropriately appointed, tasked and controlled.