Commissioning Engineer (Submarines) - Derby
Reference number: 00048162, Date added: 14-Jan
At Rolls-Royce Nuclear, we have opportunities for Commissioning Engineers to join the Regeneration project that has now progressed to the first phase of construction. As a Commissioning Engineer, you will carry out and supervise the safe commissioning of the Regeneration Project to ensure it is carried out safely, to quality, cost and time and that the appropriate legislative requirements (including LC21) and appropriate standards are followed.
Rolls-Royce is home to some of the world's finest minds. And nowhere are those minds more keenly tested than in our growing nuclear business. Our team is comprised of a broad range of experts in the fields of engineering, manufacturing, project management and procurement. This is your chance to join them.
Our submarines business is growing on a global scale. We support the Royal Navy as the technical authority to the UK Ministry of Defence for naval reactor plants and we're continuing to build our nuclear sector capability. For you, this means unique opportunities to work across our portfolio of products and services. Our global, multi-million pound learning and development initiatives empower each individual to build a world-class reputation.
As a Commissioning Engineer, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Review commissioning documentation for compliance with specifications and user requirements, safety requirements, Legislation, Standards, Codes of Practice and good engineering principles.
- Attend Design Reviews and Hazops as the "commissioning" representative for projects of a multi-discipline nature.
- Provide commissioning support to the Regeneration Project in a safe and consistent manner in accordance with company procedures and site licence conditions.
- Carry out factory acceptance testing, setting to work activities, site acceptance testing and inactive commissioning in accordance with relevant approved commissioning procedures.
- Support main and sub-contractors in the commissioning of specialised equipment for the Regeneration Project.
- Attend commissioning authorisation group meetings, produce all types of test documentation and reports to a high standard.
- Work with and provide support for colleagues throughout the Regeneration Project and support the project with operator and maintenance training and active commissioning.