Reference number: 00057771, Date added: 13-May
An opportunity has arisen for a Lead Planner within the Civil Nuclear Business Unit.
As a Lead Planner you will be responsible for leading all planning activities within a business unit/programme. This means, the management of the planning process and planning system to ensure an effective planning environment is maintained. You will be responsible for providing expert advice on planning matters within a business unit/programme and maintaining a standardized and disciplined approach to project planning. You will also have the responsibility for the consolidation of planning data within a business unit/programame via a master schedule and for providing management information, analysis and reporting to the management team as required. This role will also support the enterprise wide planning needs and ongoing development of the business planning capability. This will include the provision of support, guidance and assurance activities across the business.
At Rolls-Royce, our focus is on providing customers with integrated, long-term support services across the reactor lifecycle. This covers safety and reliability assessments, licensing and environmental support, world-class engineering and component design, manufacture and supply, in-service support and plant life extension, as well as nuclear instrumentation, control and safety systems.
Our Nuclear business is growing. We require engineers from all disciplines of electrical, electronic, instrumentation and sensor/detector engineering to specify, design, develop, test and support control, instrumentation and protection systems and equipment to be fitted to nuclear reactors. Rolls-Royce is home to some of the world's finest minds. And nowhere are those minds more keenly tested than in our growing nuclear business. Our team is comprised of a broad range of experts in the fields of engineering, manufacturing, project management and procurement. This is your chance to join them
As a Lead Planner your key accountabilities will be to:
- Provide processes, tools and techniques to plan and review progress effectively and efficiently in line with internal and customer demands.
- Provide and develop business planning professionalism and governance throughout the organisation and create and maintain an effective change control process.
- Lead, coach and business point of contact.
- Support and co-ordinate the business functions to create and maintain detailed plans in line with the prescribed processes, tools and techniques.
- Review and analyse progress to plan, report progress to plan and make appropriate business recommendations based upon market conditions.
- Resource Scheduling-create and maintain an effective and informative resource load vs capacity planning, forecasting and reporting system: Load (generated from the business functions) and Capacity (budgeted/forecasted resource).
- Collect actuals data, analyse progress vs plan, create management information, provide standardised reports and make appropriate business recommendations to achieve balanced Load vs Capacity.
Business Scheduling including:
Master business scheduling - 'Level 0' plan
Integrated business plan - 'Level 1' plan
Functional planning - 'Level 2' plans