Reference number: 00048602, Date added: 10-Oct
Rolls-Royce is a world-class organisation, providing innovative power solutions to our customers across the world. We have an enviable broad-based business portfolio, with leading positions in each of the global markets in which we operate.
Our Submarines Business is responsible for the design, manufacture, supply and through-life support of nuclear propulsion-related products and systems in support of the Royal Navy's submarine fleet.
We are seeking to recruit highly talented people for a number of planning roles as part of our transformation of project management in the business.
Exciting opportunities currently exist to join our planning teams based in Derby.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for critical path and schedule development for project performance measurement and baseline modifications, working with project personnel to define requirements, earned value criteria, and interdependencies.
· Facilitate critical path analysis reviews, including development of work-around plans to minimise programme schedule impacts.
· Cost and Schedule quality control ? monitoring specific schedule outputs to determine whether they comply with prescribed quality standards, and identifying ways to eliminate causes of unsatisfactory performance.
· Manage a planning team including resourcing and professional development.
· Responsible for directing/supervising assigned staff as they undertake critical path and schedule baseline development, monthly schedule management, performance status, support to work package and control account managers, and internal/external programme reviews.
· Supervise, motivate, train, and develop assigned staff.
· Create objectives and development activities; prioritise and communicate objectives for assigned staff.
· Carry out stakeholder management and build a strong team