Chemical Process Engineer
Reference number: 00053330, Date added: 10-Feb
As a Chemical Process Engineer within Rolls-Royce's fast-growing nuclear business, you will become part of the nuclear industry's leading edge, taking responsibility for the specification, design, development, testing and through-life support of nuclear reactor fluid systems and nuclear reactor waste treatment plants.
Rolls-Royce is home to some of the world's finest minds. And nowhere are those minds more keenly tested than in our growing nuclear business. Our team is comprised of a broad range of experts in the fields of engineering, manufacturing, project management and procurement. This is your chance to join them.
Our submarines business is growing on a global scale. We support the Royal Navy as the technical authority to the UK Ministry of Defence for naval reactor plants and we are continuing to build our nuclear sector capability. For you, this means unique opportunities to work across our portfolio of products and services. Our global, multi-million pound learning and development initiatives empower each individual to build a world-class reputation.
As a Chemical Process Engineer, you will be mainly responsible for:
Designing and making specification of systems such as: radioactive waste treatment plants, provisioning utilities, and components, such as: pressure vessels and heat exchangers; as well as making specification and integrating systems.
- Producing deliverables such as Piping and Instrumentation Drawings (P&IDs), data sheets and procurement specifications.
- Identifying stakeholder requirements, generate and assess options in order to meet requirements, e.g. in terms of technical merit, cost, programme, safety, reliability, environmental impact, quality, at all project stages through Concept, Scheme, Front End, and Detailed Design.
- Provisioning key inputs to reviews including: design, quality, safety and environmental assessments and critical review, checking, verification and approval of in-house and third party designs.
- Detailed designing of fluid process system throughout all phases of a project lifecycle from requirements capture and management through to system verification and validation.
- Preparing technical specifications and reports, including: Optioneering Assessments, Design Substantiation, installation, commissioning and operating documents.
- Liaising with suppliers (internal and external) to ensure systems and equipment is supplied in accordance with project requirements.
- Using a wide range of standard techniques to such as HAZOPS, FMEA, SIL, LOPA, etc. to support arguments developed.